- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Engineer /Grouting Specialist to join our team in a full-time position.
You will work with Golder's project teams, clients and subcontractors to provide technical grouting support for a variety of water cut off, void backfill grouting, permeation, jet, compaction, contact/consolidation and cover grouting programs; You will be involved in various aspects of proposal preparation, technical report writing, and project planning, analysis, design, and construction.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Perform cementitious or chemical grout mix testing - working with various binder, concrete admixtures or solution grouts;
- Operate and maintain small tools, and air-pneumatic, diesel or electric-hydraulic powered piston, helical screw, or diaphragm pumps and batch plants of various sizes and dimensions;
- Review literature of novel injection materials or processes;
- Perform quality control and quality assurance during grouting projects - site reporting; and
- Assist with preparing tender and construction contracts and provide support during construction.
- A Bachelor's degree in Geological or Geotechnical engineering or an equivalent field of study
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or the ability to complete the exam within 6 months of start date
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to complete engineering calculations and analyses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and on teams
- Significant travel to remote project sites within North America and internationally
- Hands on participation in underground construction projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Microsoft Excel)
- Underground construction project experience in mining or civil engineering (tunneling)
- AutoCAD / VULCAN / MS Project skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.