Environmental Scientist (Human Health Risk Assessor)
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking an Environmental Scientist (Human Health Risk Assessor) to join our Mine Environment Practice in Vancouver, BC.
Bringing your talents, training, enthusiasm, and solution-oriented focus to work as a valued and respected member of our multi-disciplinary team of professionals as we tackle some of the world's most challenging environmental problems and deliver some of the world's most innovative and relevant solutions
An overview of your role will include:
- Contributing to the business and technical mission of a multi-disciplinary team environment within Mine Environment and related technical discipline groups via:
- Conducting literature reviews on toxicology, environmental chemistry, public health and related topics; preparing report summaries and/or critical analysis
- Leading field programs for the collection of samples for chemical analysis
- Summarizing and interpreting datasets, statistical analysis, and preparing written and graphical material for incorporating into reports and presentations
- Implementation of quality assurance/quality control measures applicable to the task
- Assisting with report and proposal preparation
- Assisting with environmental assessments, risk assessments and environmental monitoring
- Developing your technical skills and sharing these skills with other members of your team and your technical discipline
- Other duties as required
You will have a background in:
- Master's degree in biological sciences, toxicology, public health or related field
- Eligibility for professional registration as a Registered Professional Biologist or other applicable professional regulatory body
- 5 years of experience
- Background in human health toxicology, risk assessment, public health, or related discipline
- Sound working understanding of environmental chemistry to support biological/ecological studies relating to contaminants
- Familiarity with environmental sampling methods
- Willingness to travel
- Good attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and innovative thinking skills are essential
- Valid BC Driver's licence
- A positive demeanour towards carrying out your work safely and supporting the safe work of those you work with
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.