Job ID: 3524
Location: VICTORIA, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Under the direction of the Regional Administrative Services Manager, the Documentation Clerk is responsible for providing financial and administrative support relating to the operations and maintenance functions within the Region. This position works closely with other departments, internal and external stakeholders and various positions to perform basic accounting and accounts payable duties and responsibilities for the Region. The work involves database entry and maintenance, processing of invoices and work orders, reconciling, verifying receipt of goods and posting batches, and liaising with a variety of contacts to ensure timely payment of accounts and invoices.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution
- Minimum of two years related experience in a comparable work environment which includes bookkeeping or basic understanding of accounting
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of rules, practices, and procedures of office and program administration
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes
- Some knowledge of maintenance and construction terminology is an asset
- Sound proficiency in standard word processing, database, and other relevant applications (e.g. MS Office Suite)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to type 50 wpm minimum
- Ability to comprehend instructions and process a large volume of work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while meeting prescribed deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and adapt within an evolving environment
- Ability to exercise good judgement and handle confidential matters with tact and initiative
- Ability to work independently and on a team in a high-pressure environment
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers