- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Lake Panasoffkee,FL
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Operations Supervisor Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
Lake Panasoffkee, Florida
Job Duties of a Supervisor:
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures and systems for personnel to operate in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner
- Develop and maintain fully staffed, cohesive team of scale attendants, spotters, operators and general labor.
- Operate equipment or fill-in any position when necessary; equipment such as forklift, wheel loader, excavator.
- Manage expenses and monitor operating metrics to improve financial goals.
- Ensure employees interact with customers in a manner that aligns with company's values and Site's operating plan.
- Participate in regular financial projections and financial performance reviews to ensure goals are met.
- Develop and implement programs to optimize equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, supplies costs, and labor costs.
- Oversee personnel needs of the site including selecting, coaching, disciplining, training employees, and evaluating employee performance. Follow core values when considering compensation, advancement, or disciplinary action decisions.
- Partner with all governing agencies to ensure company's service and operational reputation align with the Waste Connection value of being the premier solid waste service provider in North America.
- Execute necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, DOT, OSHA, DERM, FDEP and other standards and regulations.
- Ensure that safe and reliable equipment and tools are available to meet operational requirements.
- Is responsible for facility maintenance.
- Work closely with Maintenance Manager to ensure operators are following proper preventative maintenance tasks and are not misusing nor abusing equipment, tools, or supplies.
- Plan and lead safety meetings, SAFE/SAFER conversations, and site audits.
- Develop the skills of employees so that may grow as contributing members of the team and company.
- Ensure traffic patterns and traffic queuing is controlled to comply with operational plans, HotZone plans, safety, environmental, and other regulatory requirements.
- Communicate and interact effectively with employees, officials, vendors, and any visitor who may enter the property.
- Ensure security of physical and real assets owned, leased, or in the possession of the company.
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies and procedures, and reviews and updates project plan as appropriate.
- Be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Complete reports and logs related to landfill and transfer station regulations.
- Assist with the supervision of drivers.
- Monitor progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees and makes route changes as necessary
- Conduct safety meetings and audits
- Maintains employee company and DOT logs and reports
- Assist in the supervision of Dispatch Department
- Conduct field inspections of route crews to ensure proper work procedures
- Issue progressive disciplinary action as necessary
- Performs driver reviews
- Receive, review and follow up on customer complaints regarding collection programs
- Others duties as assigned
- 2+ years of supervisory experience intransportation, and/or logistics services.
- Knowledge of DOT requirements for commercial vehicles
- Microsoft Office experience.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)