Senior Consultant, Capital Project Delivery (Mid-Senior Level)
- Environmental Resources Management (S) Pte Ltd
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ERM is seeking motivated Consultant who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services. The role will be based in Singapore.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert global consulting company on challenging environmental projects for local / regional governments as well as large global/regional industrial clients. Access to ERM's worldwide network of EHS experts provides the knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for everyone.
- Serve as Project Manager for environmental impact assessments (EIA), environmental social and health impact assessment (ESHIA) and pollution control study (PCS) related projects.
- Contribute in preparation of EIAs/ESHIAs and associated management plans in compliance with international best practice standards (e.g., IFC Performance Standards, Equator Principles) as well as country-specific requirements and general best practices where these specific standards do not apply.
- Monitor project management activities related to Impact Assessment Planning (IAP) projects, including task delegation and direction, subcontractor management, health & safety protocol management, monitoring of commercial performance, deliverable quality review, and interaction with clients.
- Contribute to preparing impact assessment deliverables, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to quality review. Expected project delivery activities include report writing, undertaking and organizing data collection and survey field work, data and literature review, and development of recommendations for clients.
- Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute impact assessment projects. Participate on teams comprised of impact assessment professionals from multiple offices around the global ERM organization.
- Mentor junior-level and mid-level consulting staff (including experienced impact assessment employees, as well as those with introductory levels of impact assessment experience) to develop their skill sets in the IAP practice area.
- Contribute to proposal development, including development of technical scopes and cost estimates.
- Maintain client relationships to support repeat business. Work with other global ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the global IAP market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development support).
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Chemical or Environmental Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in managing ESIA/EIA process and reporting for the senior role and applicants with lesser years of experience will be considered for the junior role.
- Excellent written skills in English are essential. Strong verbal communication skills in English are desired, along with facilitation skills.
- Good knowledge of Singapore’s EIA/PCS process, knowledge of international ESHIA is an advantage
- Experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Ability to undertake and manage complex and interdisciplinary work.
- The candidate should have experience in developing direct reports, business and client skills.
- Good leadership, analytical, logic, problem solver and systematic thinking skills.
- Strong and demonstrable project management experience with a skill set in relevant project management tools.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!