HR Systems Administrator (REPOST)
- Georgian College
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Classification: Support Staff
Salary Range: $ 34.35 (start rate) - $ 39.80 (4 year rate)
Posting Date: August 18, 2020
urs per week: 35 hours per week
Status: Contract (Appendix D)
Effective Date: Oct. 26, 2020 - Oct. 29, 2021
THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Manager, HRIS the incumbent provides day-to-day functional system administration for the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) / Human Capital Management (HCM), which supports the payroll, benefits and HR processes administered by Human Resources and Organizational Development. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Researching and evaluating modules, analyzing current business processes and making recommendations
• Exploring and testing system design functionality and recommending re-design solutions if required
• Developing and maintaining procedural documentation for the HRIS/HCM and related Human Resource systems
• Ensuring appropriate system set-up at the desktop by coordinating installations with Information Technology Services (ITS) and assisting with testing for periodic software patches / fixes and major design upgrades
• Administering security structures for the HRIS/HCM software and other related HR applications
• Functioning as a general technical resource to the Human Resource Services team and liaising with local Information Technology Services (ITS) on technical support issues
• Providing functional guidance and support as well as designing and delivering training to end users
• Responding to requests for reporting needs including documenting (logging / prioritizing), developing and analyzing report system data, as well as organizing and maintaining a centralized electronic portfolio of reports
• Troubleshooting and resolving system problems ensuring mission critical payroll deadlines are not compromised
• Successfully completed a three year post-secondary diploma / degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business or computer studies
• Current work experience in a fast paced HR/payroll department
• Must have experience with PeopleSoft HRIS/HCM (preference for version 9.0 or higher) both as a user and providing support to users
• Five years' experience working with database design and functions, testing protocols, using report writing tools, as well as troubleshooting/resolving systems problems within an HR/Payroll system
• Experience working with web based systems that support a Human Resource Information System / Human Capital Management
• Computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheets) as well as email applications with demonstrated experience developing complex spreadsheets, queries, and reports
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication (written/oral) skills
• Proven technical, analytical, problem solving and project management skills are required
• Demonstrated understanding of business processes, technical requirements, and HRIS/HCM systems tools and database structures
• Self-directed with the ability to take initiative, work independently as well as within a team environment
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced deadline driven environment juggling multiple projects to ensure timelines are met
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on September 1, 2020.
While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.