Senior Structural Engineer
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer who is a self-starter and enjoys regular challenges to join our team on a full-time basis based in our Melbourne office. You will be working on a variety of civil infrastructure projects in Melbourne and across Australia.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with planning, and successfully delivering complex lateral retention, foundation, shaft and tunnel lining designs;
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget and exceed client's expectations on a consistent basis;
- Assuming responsibility for planning and managing small projects or parts of larger projects;
- Designing and reviewing the temporary/ permanent structural systems that will be of a challenging nature while working together with internal Golder teams and external clients;
- Planning, developing, scheduling, and coordinating manpower on important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines;
- Preparing all project documentation in line with Golder's internal systems and quality assurance;
- Assisting with developing and maintaining client relationships, and seeking new business opportunities;
- Preparing proposals, reports and high-quality deliverables for clients;
- Participating in training activities and transferring knowledge to other engineers and team members;
- Keeping abreast of advancing technologies, methods and research and development; and
- Providing safety leadership in identifying and mitigating/ eliminating high priority safety hazards.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor or Master's degree in civil/structural engineering, and CPEng preferred;
- Extensive experience in the design of temporary and permanent structural systems;
- Experience with "First Principle" design of complex structures;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, strong attention to detail and proven project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong client relationship skills:
- Practical, hands-on experience with construction issues and queries
- Track record of working with office-based and site-based personnel
- Experience with implementing and executing QA standards
- Demonstrated commitment to Health and Safety
Your benefits at Golder will include
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder's 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.