Vendor/Supplier Data Global Process Owner (Flexibile Location)
- Mars, Incorporated
- Job Category
- Science and Research
- Job Type
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Job Title: Vendor Data Global Process Owner
Location: Flexible, any Mars Global site in US or EU (IL, NJ, UK, etc)
Segment: Mars Global Services
Mars Inc. (Mars) has embarked on a Digital Transformation journey to support our Digitization strategy, where the opportunities & implications for an Enterprise like Mars are pervasive and far-reaching. We already experience how data and technology are increasingly changing our relationship with customers & consumers, and the way we market, sell and distribute our brands, in an increasingly disruptive Digitization of Commerce.
To support the Mars Digital Transformation vision, Mars has embarked on a Master Data Transformation Journey building the capabilities across People, Process, Technology & Data that will improve effectiveness & efficiency of data management. To sustain this Transformation Journey Mars is establishing a Data Organization that will implement data management best practices on an ongoing basis. The Data Organization will continue to evolve master data strategy, data models & standards and implement & scale those across segments & markets. The Data Organization is comprised of Enterprise Data Councils for each master data domain of Product, Customer, Finance, Vendor & Supply.
Additionally, MARS is looking to develop its end-to-end process ownership acumen across the global Source to Pay business process. The Vendor Data Champion plays a critical role in helping to develop the global MARS Source-to-Pay process. In essence, this role could also be referred to as the Vendor Data Global Process Owner (GPO).
- The Vendor Data Champion is a subject matter expert with deep understanding of the
- vendor data domain. He/she is the Subject Matter Expert on the Domain and develops
- the data standards, data models, and governance policies for the domain as well as
- defines the Data Lifecycle CRUD (Create, Update & Delete) processes. They work within
- the data councils to define data & process standards and support data stewardship
- network to implement & drive adoption of the standards within the region & markets.
- They work on defining governance standards for the vendor data domain. The
- Governance standards can include Structure, Policies, CRUD, RACI, Processes, KPI’s
- etc. related to the vendor data domain.
- Identify & document the link between data attributes and related business
- function to allow the implementation of system supported workflow solutions in
- markets and supply units (e.g. how vendor data affects the Source to Pay business
- Define the CRUD data process for respective domains aligned to various business
- processes such as Central Finance and Source to Pay.
- Define data provision framework (Data Flows, Integrations etc.) to deliver data to
- downstream systems / applications.
- Create training assets about data & process standards and work with the Data
- Stewardship Network to drive change within segments & markets.
- Support the creation of system supported workflow solutions in-line with the data
- provision framework.
- Collaborate with regional Data stewards and Data Quality service to ensure data
- standards are effectively implemented.
- Own and deliver approved small / medium size projects to deploy or improve
- workflow in business units.
- Identify training needs on data standards for data owners who become part of the
- data provision process in a unit.
- Assess the impact of changes in structure and data to downstream consumers of
- the master data. They drive any analysis on the impact across the various aspects
- like structure, process, quality etc
- They are responsible to build learning and knowledge artifacts that will help in the
- adoption of the data standards.
- They also help resolve Cross-Functional issues that can potentially occur for a data
- domain or across data domains.
- They are responsible for defining & tracking the efficiency of the governance process
Context and Scope
This role is the SME for a domain and works with the data councils and Regional Stewards to ensure adoption of these standards. They will interact with Business & IT stakeholders to drive adoption as well as communicate impact of any changes.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Business
- Has considerable experience (7 - 10 years) in Data
- Management & governance.
- Understands the vendor data domain very well to be able to
- be the SME in that area.
- Experienced and capable to envision, model and optimize
- complex, yet efficient business processes, data and
- Demonstrated Leadership skills, with proven management
- experience within a matrix organization to influence & drive
- adoption of standards, harmonize the standards in case of
- regional differences.
- Ability to travel flexibly globally (up to 1 week every 2-3
- Fluent in spoken and written English, any additional language is an advantage
- Multi-cultural awareness including adaptability / flexibility
- Strong Business Acumen of the FMCG industry and preferably MARS
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.