- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Plumb Thicket Landfill, a Waste Connections Company, is looking for an ambitious Diesel Mechanic for our team in Harper, KS
The ideal Mechanic will have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to excel and grow with our GROWING company! We provide On the Job Training to lead you to the next technical level!
Why work for Waste Connections?
- ~Competitive Compensations~
- ~Safety Bonuses - Get rewarded for your safe habits~
- ~Yearly Boot Stipend - Get your boots covered~
- ~Benefits Plans - Keep yourself healthy~
- ~Matching 401(K) - Connect to your future~ postponed til Jan 1st 2021
- ~Training provided to advance your level~ CAT training class
What we do: We provide trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for the maintenance and upmost safety on our fleet of trucks our yellow iron and hauling equipment . This includes duties such:
- Perform repairs and inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles. At times triage engine/electrical failures quickly.
- Inspect and troubleshoot electrical, hydraulics, suspension brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
- Utilize vehicle computer electrical systems to interpret failure modes to identify and adjust Engine and Vehicle Control modules
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles yellow iron , documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
What we work with: Trash is dirty! And this is a service provided year round - Rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Understanding how to work safely in this environment is key.
Plan for the following labor:
- •Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 60 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Always operating in a safe manner (Lock out/Tag out, Proper PPE, Jackstands, steering covers, etc)
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2 years of experience preferred.
- Proficiency in a variety of vehicle diagnostic tools and repair of issues.
- Must own personal tools.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".