- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections is now hiring an Assistant Controllerin the Charlotte, NC market & NATIONWIDE!
Tired of busy season and want more work-life balance? Do you have an entrepreneurial drive? Then make Waste Connections your career destination! We hire our Assistant Controllers with the intent of providing not just a job but a long term career track. Promotion to the next level and continuous promotion will require relocation .
We operate with an extremely successful decentralized business model that empowers our Controllers to be strategic business partners with Operations. We work hard.... but play harder!
We are searching for a high energy Assistant Controller in Charlotte, NC. This would be a position designed to get you ready for a promotion to a District Controller role at one of other locations across the company.
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each designated operating location.
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast.
- Monthly completion of a three-month financial forecast.
- Rate analysis and review.
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities.
- Assisting with quarterly Sarbanes Oxley compliance and review
- Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review.
- Special projects as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2 Years previous accounting experience required . Public accounting experience preferred .
- CPA and/or other professional certifications a huge plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems.
We offer excellent Family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to...
"Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)