TPT - Unit Clerk - Maternal Child
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Unit Clerk
Department: Maternal Child
Status: Temporary Part-time for approx. 12 months (must provide availability of up to a 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Various rotating shifts - 12 hour shifts (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
Duties will include a variety of reception and clerical functions including registering patients; answering telephone;completing requisitions; transcribing doctors' orders; scheduling appointments; ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies; preparing stretchers; filing; data entry on computer system;staff scheduling. Portering patients in wheelchairs and on stretchers as required. Other duties as required.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Medical Office Administration diploma from a recognized collegeOR a minimum of 1 year recent clerical/admin experience working in a comparable position in a healthcare setting required
- Medical terminology certificate required.
- A minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have fast and accurate computer data entry skills
- Must have familiaritywith Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience using patient related databases.
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Goodinterpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills
- Abilityto diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Satisfactory employment record and attendance record required
Salary: $19.93 - $24.88 per hour
Date posted: August 18, 2020
Internal Applications due by: August 25, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.