Registered Nurse - TFT - Med/Surg & CTC GH
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Medical/Surgical and Complex Continuing Care Unit
Status: TemporaryFull-time for approx. 10 months
Hours:Various rotating shifts -Days&Nights - 8 & 12 hours(hours subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
To prioritize and manage time to best meet the needs of the hospital. To assess, plan and perform direct and indirect nursing care topatients on the Medical/Surgical and Complex Continuing Care (CCC) Units. To review telemetry strips and attend to monitor alarms. To act as a resource person for the staff on CCC.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current medical and/or complex continuing care experience required
- Completion of cardiology course preferred
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- Clinical experience on an acute medical and/or surgical unit is an asset
- Previous cardiac monitoring experience preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education
- Preference will be given to thoseknowledgeable and interested in the are of Cardiology
- Preference will be given to those with telemetry experience
- Must complete Coronary Care 1 (or equivalent) by the end of the first year
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong public relations and organizational skills
- Caring attitude with patients, families and co-workers
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary: $33.56 to$48.05 per hour
Date Posted:August 18, 2020
Internal applications due by:August 25, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.