Atmospheric Scientist, Engineer (Associate Level)
- ERM Consultants Canada Ltd.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ERM is seeking a motivated Atmospheric Scientist, Engineer to join our consulting team in Saskatoon, SK. In this role, you will conduct air quality, meteorology and noise measurement activities, perform equipment calibrations and maintenance, provide routine sample analysis, and collect, organize and analyze field data for air quality compliance programs. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for clients in the mining, oil & gas, and energy sectors throughout Canada. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental management projects for large industrial and global clients. The ideal candidate will have the ability to support high-demand air quality, meteorology and noise field programs with the rigors of travel and work away from the home office. Strong writing and communication skills are also an integral component to this position. Access to ERM's North American Air Quality & Climate Change experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change technical community pursues and wins highly innovative engagements for the most interesting clients, providing the full breadth of air quality and climate change services. In North America alone, ERM has more than 300 dedicated air quality and climate change professionals assisting clients with projects as diverse as developing responses to emerging Low Carbon Fuel Standards, to leading complex capital projects through the many hurdles associated with environmental assessments and permitting.
- Conduct environmental monitoring for air quality, meteorology, and noise, as well as contributing to compliance monitoring reporting.
- Conduct air quality, meteorological and noise data analyses, QA/QC, report preparation and assess regulatory compliance.
- Tracking maintenance and calibration schedules of equipment, development of project-specific standard operating procedures, and researching new technology.
- Perform instrumentation operation, maintenance and calibration of sampling/testing equipment.
- Office based activities will be related to collating and processing of data, preparing figures, maps, drawings, charts where necessary for reports.
- Ensure the safety of oneself and one’s team members during project operations.
- Support ERM's "Zero Accident" health and safety programs.
- Travel to remote project sites throughout Canada.
- Perform multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients, ERM employees, and subcontractors.
- Undergraduate degree in, science, chemistry, or engineering; post-graduate degree would be an asset.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience with air quality and meteorological monitoring (noise monitoring experience also beneficial).
- Candidates must enjoy working in the outdoors at remote locations under varying environmental conditions and have a genuine interest in air quality, meteorology and engineering.
- Good mechanical skills and general knowledge and/or understanding of electrical components.
- Strong commitment to safety culture; demonstrated ability to follow health & safety procedures.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Strong hands-on spreadsheet and database comprehension; computer programming experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- French, Spanish or additional language skills an asset.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!