Part-Time Professor, Denturism
- Georgian College
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Posting Date: August 20, 2020
Effective Date: September 2020 - December 2020
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the incumbent develops and delivers courses in the Denturism Program. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Delivering courses in the Denturism program
• Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
• Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
• Evaluating student progress / achievement
• Participating in program and college activities as required
• Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
• Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
• A diploma in Denturism from a college recognized by the Denturist Association of Canada
• Must possess and maintain current registration, in good standing, with the College of Denturists of Ontario (CDO)
• A bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• A minimum of five years' practical experience examining patients, and designing, constructing and repairing removable dentures
• Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• A commitment to life-long learning
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, alternate delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
• Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of Professional Liability Insurance.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
This position will be open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.