Registered Nurse - Cardiology
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Nurse
Status: Part-time (must provide availability up to 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Friday - 7.5 hour day shifts,0800-1600 (hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
To work as a facilitator for testing: starting IV's, preparing medications, performing ECGs, facilitating in emergency situations, supervising some tests, monitoring recovery of patients post procedures. Supervises technical staff and directs the workflow in order to facilitate tests, breaks and other departmental work.
This is what you'll need to do it:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS required at time of hire
- Current ALS required at time of hire
- Critical Care Course and a minimum 3 years experience in critical care.
- Minimum 2 years Cardiology Testing Clinic experience preferred.
- Certification in advanced arrhythmias, life-saving drugs, defibrillation, IV's and ECGs
- Must be able to work well under busy conditions, handling urgent situations requiring life saving actions.
- Must be able to work well under stressful conditions
- Highly motivated
- Good understanding of ECG and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Motivated and demonstrates organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physically able to do job
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary:$33.56 to $48.05 per hour
Date Posted: August 20, 2020
Internal applications due by: August 27, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.