Registered Nurse - CAS - 3N Complex Transitional Care
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Complex Transitional Care - Rehab and Geriatrics
Hours: Various rotating 8 and 12 hour shifts (Hours subject to change based on operational needs).
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you will be doing:
You will be providing specialized patient care in an active complex continuing care unit with a focus on providing care to our patient population; who require medically complex care, slow stream rehabilitative care, reactivation, or palliative care. You will also provide supportive care to their families. You will assume responsibility for the coordination of care focusing on the patient’s transition through the continuum of care, patient and family education, and to support factors that impact customer satisfaction.You will be supported to provide a full range of nursing care within your scope of practice; which will include,administering of medications and procedures as per established policies and guidelines, completing health assessments and documenting observations and changes in your patient’s condition, and collaborating with health team members to update individualized care plans to facilitate positive patient care outcomes.As well, as the RN, you may be expected to fulfill the charge role and provide support to your colleagues.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- Proven ability to care and manage patients with tracheostomies, enteral/parenteral feeds, CADD pumps, PICC lines, IVs, Wound ManagementSystems, Fecal Management Systems
- Completion of a physical health assessment course
- One year nursing experience in Long Term Care setting
- Exceptional communications skills, verbal, written, and electronic
- Demonstrated compassion, patience and empathy
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize depending of changing needs of patients
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment but also work independently as needed
- Computer skills/CCRS data entry an asset
- Evidence of dedication to continuing education
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
The ideal candidate is a strong advocate of patient centred care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary: $33.56 to $48.05 per hour
Date Posted:August 20, 2020
Internal applications due by: August 27, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.