Financial Planning Analyst
- Water Service Corporation
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Corix is an industry leader in utility infrastructure solutions across North America. Our success is only achievable with our amazing employees across the organization who bring expertise, skill, and innovation to meet our goals and objectives. We are proud of what we have accomplished with our talent.
About the Job
The Corix Group has an immediate opening for the position of a Financial Planning Analyst, basedout of Vancouver or Langley. This position prepares financial statements, provides monthly analysis and variance reporting, and creates and maintains long-range and capital planning models.
What You'll Do
- Analyze accounting data, reports and internal controls and make recommendations for improvements in processing methods, workflows, procedures and reporting efficiencies;
- Assist with the development and maintenance of financial planning pricing and valuation and provide support with utility rate filing applications;
- Coordinate the reporting and analysis of annual operating and capital budgets for all utility operations;
- Review reporting processes, develop and implement modifications to improve standardization and efficiency;
- Support the Senior Analyst as a key liaison for Enterprise Resource Planning, accounting and budgeting software and systems, providing training to operations on accounting systems, procedures and practices, and lead design of customization, upgrades, enhancement and testing from the accounting perspective;
- Review ROTC monthly analysis, annual regulatory reporting, and bridge file reporting and analysis to ensure clarity, completeness, and timeliness;
- Conduct financial and economic research for decision support;
- Review special reports, including forecasting, operating results, regulatory reports, statistical reports and surveys, and provide and present analysis as directed;
- Assist with M&A transaction and due diligence process support;
- Works closely with stakeholders to create the annual budget for assigned business units, and ensure accurate and timely month, quarter and year end close processes
Who You Are
You have a earned an undergraduate degree with a concentration in Finance OR you have completed a recognized professional accounting program, such as CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CFA, or equivalent.
You also have:
- A minimum of three years directly related experience
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act independently, decisively and quickly under pressure
- An MBA would be considered an asset
***Corix employees must apply via our internal portal***
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at www.corix.com .
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. Corix designs, supplies, builds, installs, finances, and operates local utility infrastructure on behalf of municipal, institutional, military, and private sector customers. Inspired by our vision to build a world of sustainable communities, Corix is recognized as a community-focused provider of the essential utility services necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the communities and customers we serve. We differentiate ourselves from traditional utility service providers through our broad expertise in water, wastewater, and energy utilities and our ability to leverage that scope of expertise to structure tailored solutions that meet the requirements of small and medium-sized communities.