Unit Clerk - PPT - APU/OR - OTMH
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
CUPE LOCAL 815
Position: Unit Clerk
Department: Surgical Program - Ambulatory Procedures Unit (APU) and Operating Room
Status: Part-time (must provide availability up to 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Friday days and evenings(subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcaretakes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, HHS is committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions.
This is what you'll be doing:
TheUnit Clerk is responsible for the scheduling and booking of a variety of client/patient procedures performed in the APU or OR using PICES, OR manager and is responsible for unit clerk coverage at the OR front desk. The incumbent willmanage the PICES booking grid, unused procedure time, communicate with the physician offices regarding input of add on cases 48 hours prior to the posting of the elective list in the APU. They will also enter add on urgent cases as required for both the OR and APU. Additional responsibilities include: generating daily elective OR schedule, monitoring and assigning of released time., managing blocks in the electronic scheduling system, resource for office on remote scheduling. Answering phones. Taking emergency booking for OR and APU cases. Greets clients/patients and others as they arrive to the department. Responds to general inquiries, answers and responds to phone calls and messages for OR and APU and other duties as assigned.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Grade 12 diploma required.
- Medical Office Administration diploma from a recognized college or a minimum of 1 year recent relevant clerical experience in a healthcare setting required
- Medical terminology certificate required
- A minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have fast and accurate computer data entry skills
- Must have familiaritywith Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience using patient related databases.
- Knowledge of electronic scheduling system PICES and OR manager required
- Previous hospital experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Goodinterpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills and ability to manage stressful situations
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting at a computer workstation; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Satisfactory employment record and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary Scale: $19.93- $24.88 per hour
Date Posted: August 20, 2020
Internal applications due by:August 27, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns