Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Come, join a team environment, and colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture.Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits. You'll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanicor a 3rd or 4th year Apprentice to join our team in Bracebridge, ON to work on a fleet of Refuse trucks and Yellow Iron. As a Heavy Duty Mechanic, you will do hydraulics repairs , brake jobs along with preventative maintenance and engine repair. You will be responsible for maintaining Waste Connections of Canada (WCC) vehicles and equipment in a safe working order. The Heavy Duty Mechanic will work directly with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that all vehicles meet all provincial regulations and standards, and WCC safety standards.
Pay rate: $30.57/hr
Full time with benefits
Rotating Shifts:Week 1 Monday- FridayDays from 7:00 AM- 4:30 PM,Week 2 Monday-Thursday Afternoons from 3:00 PM-12:30AM and Friday Noon- 8:30 pm
- Licensed 310T Heavy Duty Mechanic
- 3-4 years of experience as a Heavy Duty Mechanic or an Apprentice
- Experience working on Yellow Iron
- Computer diagnostic skills is an asset
- 2-3 year of experience in the Waste industry is an asset
- Commercial Driving License is an asset
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment tests
Waste Connections of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.