Operational Leader - Design Project Management Team
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is looking for an Operational Leader of our Design Project Management Team to join our Ontario Engineering and Design Team. As the Operational Leader of the DPMs (Design Project Managers), you will be responsible for managing the Design Project Management resources, assignment of DPM on projects and monitoring the Design portfolio of projects. You will help the team adhere and develop the design execution process contribute to standards and tools for design project management and support internal and external Project Managers in all aspects of the project design execution. As a DPM, you will be responsible for leading the Project Design team to complete the design task; control the design schedule and budget, solve problems, and hold the design team responsible for all phases of design and construction support
Lead the team of DPMs to ensure the following:
- Client’s requirements including specifications and standards are integrated into the project management plans
- Level of Effort and Scopes of Work are developed for the design portion of Projects
- Quality controls processes are being followed
- Coordinate and implement organizational change process on projects with internal and external PMs
- Verify the technical scope of a project and schedules for design delivery of a project.
- DPM are leading project budget, schedule, quality and other project’s critical metrics
- DPM are coordinating the design subject area leads on a regular basis through design meetings
The DPM Operational Leader will also be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of plans, tools, procedures and templates for design project management
- Monitor and Lead the continuous improvement of Design Project Management services, processes, tools, techniques, templates and operating model methodology
- Provide coaching and mentorship to DPMs.
- Coordinate the engineering schedules for projects in collaboration with the Business Group Leaders, Engineering Design Operations Leaders and Project Managers.
- Lead Design Project Manager coordination meetings and address critical issues that impact delivery of design projects
Your Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (B.Sc.) degree in Engineering
- Registered member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Minimum of 10+ years' of broad and extensive technical, administrative and project experience
- Support the delivery community of practice (PMO (Project Management Organization), Business groups, EDO (Engineering Design Organization) in providing onboarding, training and evolution of maturity across GHD
- Provide performance and trend analysis on projects and programs
- Experience in leading the design delivery for Major, multi-discipline projects specifically for Water/Wastewater Treatment, Power, or Transportation Infrastructure industries, either for private or public clients, is considered an asset Transportation, industrial/process plants, facilities, or buildings
- Familiar with EPCM, EPC and design built execution methods for projects
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to interact effectively within all levels of the organization in a collaborative fashion
- Proven leadership capabilities in the areas of personnel management, decision making, organizational change, employee development, performance management, and team building skills
- Strong eye for business and commercial skills
- Exceptional client engagement and relationship skills
- Experience in managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a demanding consulting environment
- Excellent writing and verbal communication is required
- Willingness and ability to travel
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.