FT - Nurse Practitioner - Mental Health
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Nurse Practitioner –Eating Disorders Program
Department: Outpatient Mental Health
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, days (one evening per week, some extended hours as necessary). Subject to change based on operational requirements
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
The Eating Disorder Program provides outpatient services to Children, Youth and Adults with eating disorders including Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder, Otherwise Specified Feeding and Eating Disorder (OSFED), and Unspecified Feeding and Eating disorder (USFED).
As a member of our inter-professional team, the Nurse Practitioner will utilize clinical expertise and in-depth knowledge of children, adolescents and their families as well as adults to plan and evaluate patient care. The successful candidate will provide leadership and promote excellence in nursing by providing expertise in clinical practice, consultation, education and research. The Nurse Practitioner will integrate research evidence into practice to ensure best practice standards are maintained and incorporated into clinical initiatives.
This is what you'll be doing:
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing eating disorder assessments that include a history, physical exam, diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations. They will provide ongoing eating disorder related health care to clients (child/youth and adults), participate in group psychotherapy and educational events, work collaboratively with other members of the Eating Disorder Team, work collaboratively with other departments in the hospital, liaise with physicians and other health professionals in the community and in partnering hospitals and participate in prevention and education strategies.
This is what you need to do it:
Halton Healthcare Services is seeking individuals who are leaders in their chosen profession. The successful candidate must be a natural team player with effective communication skills. They must be patient focused, caring, respectful and fiscally responsible. The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree Program in Nursing/Master of Science in Nursing or recognized equivalent is preferred
- Current registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required, preferably with the Primary Health Care specialty certificate
- Nurse Practitioner’s Certificate from a recognized program
- Current membership in professional association such as CNA, RNAO or NPAO preferred
- 2 years experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferably in a hospital inpatient or outpatient program
- Nursing experience working with children/youth and adults who meet DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for an eating disorder
- Nursing experience working with other Mental Health diagnoses
- Recent experience in a leadership role within an inter-professional team
- Relevant knowledge of hospital and community resources
- Innovative, creative and professional role model
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple demands
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary environment
- Proven ability to work with youth, families and adults empathically
- Patient/family centered service orientation with sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to the vision, goals, mission and values of Halton Healthcare
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning
- Proficient with MS Office applications and related electronic health care platforms
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
- Experience in the provision of psychoeducation and psychotherapy is preferred
Salary:$50.01 to $61.16
Date Posted: August 25, 2020
Internal Applications Due by: September 1, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.