Engineering Design Project Manager - Senior
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, environment, energy and resources, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We have a current need for a Senior Engineering Design Project Manager for our western Canadian Region operations to be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
GHD is looking for energetic, creative, motivated Design Project Managers to work on existing challenging projects and to join our dynamic successful water group. Our diversified projects vary from upgrades of hydropower facilities, water and wastewater treatment plants, and design of new pump stations, master municipal planning, asset management, linear infrastructure, and water resources. Our growing client list includes some of the largest utilities in our region, as well as many smaller agencies and private sector clients. Utilizing a “One GHD” approach to collaboration, we leverage industry-leading talent from across the globe to provide our clients with unmatched expertise and service.
You should have strong experience in and ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams from concept through detailed design and construction is required, as well as business development skills and the ability to interact professionally with public and private sector clients with minimum supervision.
Project Management during the FEED of medium to large municipal, industrial, resource-sector, water and infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise, mentor, and provide leadership to a team of engineering professionals. Projections of rapid, sustainable, organic growth in the years to come
- Oversee the project management, and overall execution of major projects while working cooperatively with remotely located, multidisciplinary teams. Some travel will be required to meet project and client requirements.
- Work with our Business Development group including collaborating with our Pursuit Team in the development of high-quality, strategic proposals
- Provide technical direction in detailed design calculations, equipment selection, specifications, and contract documents preparation, collaborating with technical specialists throughout GHD worldwide as needed
- Participate in quality reviews and ensure project deliverables meet or exceed GHD’s internal and external client quality objectives
Skills, Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Professional Engineer eligible for registration in Alberta, British Columbia and the Canadian Territories
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a professional consulting environment
- Strong project management skills & experience along with local contacts with some of our key clients throughout the Northwest
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization in a collaborative fashion
- Proven supervisory experience in mentoring junior and intermediate engineers and technologists
- Experience with project delivery using a stage-gate delivery approach is an asset
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.