- Waste Connections, Inc.
- The Woodlands,TX
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
We are looking for a Highly Efficient and Personable Region Safety Admin to join the team at our Southern Region office located in The Woodlands, Texas . Previous administrative work experience in a transportation, oil/gas, or environmental logistics company would be desired. The schedule for this position will be Monday thru Friday working from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Safety team in planning and conducting local and out-of-town meetings and training
- Assist the Safety team in developing and delivering key communications
- Act as a liaison between the Safety managers and other departments, colleagues, sites, vendors and clients
- Support and help drive Safety initiatives across the Region
- Lead and coordinate various special Safety projects
- Create, maintain and distribute multiple spreadsheets and reports
- Provide general administrative and reception support for the team and Region office
- Maintain compliance tracking for multiple programs
- Serve as the information hub for the Region safety team through proactive communication, collaboration and efficiency.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Advanced skills in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be self-driven and able to work independently
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work in a very fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Experience giving presentations or public speaking preferred
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma but College Degree is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel when needed
- Willingness to expand the current role and take on more responsibilities along the way
- Capability to do all of above duties and responsibilities as well as any other assigned tasks
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com .
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)