- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Vail Honeywagon, a Waste Connections company is looking for a safety conscience CDL Class B Route Driver to join the team in Wolcott / Vail, Colorado.
The ideal driver will have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to excel and grow with our GROWING company!
***NOW WITH A $7,500 STAY ON BONUS!!***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate delivery truck and eventually rear load and/or front load garbage truck to deliver containers safely.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, lifting and moving containers that weight over 75 pounds.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75 pounds. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a satisfactory driving record.
- Class A or B CDL
- Ability to work Monday - Friday starting at around 5:30 am. Approx. 45-50 hours a week, with overtime possibilities for our special events.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)