- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We are looking for a safety conscious Driver Helper to join the team at our location in Seekonk, MA.
The Helper position is responsible for helping the driver of a garbage truck on specified routes to manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites.
Typical job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Ride on garbage truck to assist the Driver service customers - will load refuse bags and bring containers to the truck for proper disposal.
- Directing the truck driver when backing
- Assisting with vehicle maintenance
- Operate packing mechanisms and levers to activate the loading arm
- Clean the packer blade and truck body
- Deliver positive customer service interactions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This is a very physical job working outside in all weather conditions.
What We Offer -
Good pay, family benefits, 401k, vacation and a great management team.
Garbage is very stable and we work year round.
Job Requirements -
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com/employment . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)