- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Child & Adolescent Outpatient Program
Status: Temporary Full-time for approx. 1 year
Hours: Mo nday-Sunday, days and evenings, 7.5 hour shifts (Hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Site: Off hospital sites
This is what you’ll be doing:
Using the total Patient Care Model, the successful candidate will function as a member of the multidisciplinary team. The incumbent will be skilled in dealing with acutely ill and high risk psychiatric population, including suicidal and complex individuals, those with severe depressive or psychotic illnesses and personality and behaviour disorders. Responsibilities will include assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating treatment plans in collaboration with other team members and liaising with multiple community agencies and professionals in planning follow-up and aftercare.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire.
- BScN Preferred
- C.N.A. mental health certification or a willingness to obtain in the next 2 years
- Current certification in non-violent crisis intervention required (CPI certified)
- Must have recent acute child/adolescent psychiatric experience of at least 1-5 years.
- Advanced skill in the assessment and management of acute mental health and concurrent disorders conditions, including mental status examination, suicide risk assessment, management of aggressive behaviour, bio-psychosocial assessment, physical health assessment, treatment and transitional care;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize care and make informed autonomous decisions;
- Demonstrated ability to work with complex and difficult patient and family situations;
- Physical ability to intervene effectively in clinical situations requiring the management of aggressive behaviour;
- Proficient in the use of computers, with the ability to type notes and utilize the electronic health record;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organization, time management, professionalism, and ability to work as part of team;
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record required;
- Passion for change, quality improvement, and professional development
- Ability to establish a therapeutic alliance.
- Objective, empathetic attitude.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, appropriate community agencies.
- Excellent team player who projects a positive, non-judgmental attitude.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict/crisis resolution skills.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act of Ontario & other relevant legislation.
- Competent knowledge of Standards of Mental Health nursing practice and Scope of Nursing practice.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position
Salary: $33.56 to $48.05 per hour
Date Posted: August 27, 2020
Internal applications due by: September 3, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.