Registered Nurse - FT - Nursing Resource Team
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Registered Nurse
Department:Nursing Resource Team
Hours: All shifts/Weekdays and Weekends (Master Scheduling); 8 and 12 hour shifts;Hours may be subject to change based on operational requirements.
Site:Oakville, Milton, Georgetown
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
The Nursing Resource Team (NRT) describes a group of uniquely trained nurses who work in a variety of clinical areas in response to needs from the clinical areas related to short term absences or changes in acuity or volume.
The NRT is a group of RN’s and RPN’s deployed to in-patient departments at OTMH, MDH, and GH. Members of the Nursing Resource Team have the opportunity to be trained in specialty areas when needed such as ICU, ED, and Post-partum.
This is what you’ll be doing:
A Registered Nurse assigned to Nursing Resource Team is primarily responsible for applying the nursing process to the care of patients in various clinical areas. You’ll be responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing direct patient care. You’ll also be assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care based on specific components. You’ll assume responsibility for the coordination of care focused on patient transition through the continuum of care, patient and family education, and supporting factors that impact customer satisfaction. You’ll administer medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines. You’ll also be documenting observations, assessments and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes as well as providing a full range of nursing care to patients.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS Certification at time of hire.
- Recent nursing experience in acute medicine an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Caring attitude with patients, families and co-workers
- Must be physically able to do the job that involves heavy lifting and intensive physical effort.
- Strong physical assessment skills is required (preference will be given toapplicants that have taken the physical assessment course)
- Excellentcritical thinking skills, with an ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record.
Note: In the event this position is not filled with an internal applicant, New Graduate Nurses will be considered with the following qualifications:
- Eligibility under the New Graduate Initiative through Health Force Ontario
- Completion of aBScN or BN programwithin the last 12 months
- Successful completion of the Canadian RN Examination (CRNRE or NCLEX-RN) preferred
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario or in progress
- Current BCLS Certification
- Recent nursingexperience in acute medicinean asset through clinical placements
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary: $33.56 to $48.05 per hour
Date Posted: August 27, 2020
Internal Applications Due by: September 3, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.