- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Social Worker
Department: Mental Health Program
Hours: Monday – Friday – Days and evenings, 8 hour shifts (8:30 am - 4:30 pm and 12:00 pm - 8 pm on Thursday). Hours subject to change based on operational needs
Site: Off Hospital sites - Primarily Georgetown (provide availability at Milton & Acton as needed)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of ourcommunity's growing and aging population. We are adistinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Manager, Adult Outpatient Mental Health Program, Halton Healthcare, the incumbent will provide assessment and evidence based interventionstoadults with a mental illness both individually and in group settings. Duties include, but are not limited to, completing assessments,includingrisk assessments using the Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale, developing person centred treatment plans and formulating discharge summaries , delivering group and individual psychotherapy using an evidence-based model.Using a Recovery Model lens, treatment is provided in collaboration with psychiatrists, family physicians, nursing, allied health and other community partners.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Masters Degree in Social Work required
- A member in good standing with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Minimum of 5 years experience providing evidence based psychotherapy
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate psychothe rapyg roups
- Experience in Solution Focused Therapy
- Demonstrated Cognitive Behavior Therapy training and skills
- Demonstrated Mindfulness training and skills
- Demonstrated Dialectic Behavioural Therapy informed practice training and skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Trauma Informed Practice
- Demonstrated skills engaging families
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with community resources and relevant consent and capacity legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of a collaborative health team
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record.
Date Posted:August 27, 2020
Internal applications due by: September 3, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate