- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Waste Connections Controllers bring their number crunching expertise along with their strong communication skills to help guide our company to profitability. Controllers don't just keep score, they are active in our operations, know our business, and provide a solid financial foundation for our company to succeed now and in the future. If this sounds like you, we want you to keep reading the description below.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Our company is a nationwide, publicly traded industry powerhouse and we are looking for best in class accountants to leave the world of audit and public accounting behind for an opportunity with incredible growth and leadership opportunities. We provide work life balance and continuous skill training to always prepare you for advancement to the next level.
Our Assistant Controllers instantaneously make an impact on the bottom line by understanding our business end to end and being agents of change and process improvement. Your role will continuously develop as a business partner and analyst, working hand in hand with Operations both in the office and in the field to achieve success.
This is an opportunity for accounting professionals who are entrepreneurial minded, appreciate an autonomous and unstructured work environment, and want to take an interactive role in providing leadership and guidance in a progressive and growing industry.
As an Assistant Controller, you will report to the District Controller overseeing the financial functions of several of our operating locations. This position works in tandem with District Operational Managers and requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills. It also requires direct interface with local and state regulatory agencies and personnel.
• Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each designated operating location.
• Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
• Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast.
• Monthly completion of a three-month financial forecast.
• Rate analysis and review.
• Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts.
• Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities.
• Assisting with quarterly Sarbanes Oxley compliance and review.
• Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process.
• Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review.
• Some travel and awesome potential for relocation opportunities.
Your technical background should include:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, required
- 2 years of public accounting experience strongly preferred
- budgeting process experience
- proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)