Director, Orange Hall
Job ID: 3523
Location: Vancouver, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
DIRECTOR, ORANGE HALL
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Director, Orange Hall oversees the ongoing monitoring of Operating Agreements with BC Housing’s Non-Profit Service Providers, including the budget, subsidy and financial review processes. The position exercises expertise in budgeting, financial reporting and property management and housing program issues related to the population served by Non Profits throughout the Downtown East Side (DTES).
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in commerce, business administration, public administration, finance or accounting.
- Extensive experience in residential property management for vulnerable populations and the development and delivery of programs and services related to the housing of vulnerable populations with a history of trauma, mental illness and addictions, including property management services.
- Considerable experience in developing, facilitating and managing relationships with a variety of external stakeholders, preferably involving the provision of supportive housing programs.
- Ten years’ experience in managing operating budgets and financial statements for not-for-profit societies, preferably in the supported housing sector or other public sectors funded through operating agreements with Federal, Provincial or other public agencies.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of property management, including procurement policies and procedures that ensure transparency and demonstrated value for money.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the Commission’s mandate, programs, operating requirements, and strategic objectives, and the socio-political environment in which BC Housing operates.
- Considerable knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
- Ability to analyze complex financial matters, assess financial performance, and develop and present courses of action to improve results.
- Ability to exercise discretion, tact, diplomacy and good judgement.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with housing providers, service providers, sector organizations, community groups, government agencies and other stakeholders, and resolve sensitive issues.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking and negotiation skills.
Note: The Operations Branch is currently undergoing review. Duties assigned to the position is subject to changes as a result of this
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
More search results
Associate Vice-President, Indigenous Engagement &…
Building Manager II Resident (Killarney Gardens)
Executive Assistant Real Estate & Portfolio Renew…
Senior Communications Specialist, Stakeholder Eng…
Building Manager Supervisor – Resident (Steeves M…