- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Sweet Home,OR
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Sweet Home Sanitation a Waste Connections company, is looking for a Fleet Mechanicto join the team in Sweet Home, Oregon!
Why Join Us?
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Mechanics: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/mechanic
We are looking for a safety conscious Diesel Mechanicto join the team at Sweet Home Sanitation in Sweet Home, OR. Monday-Friday daytime / midday shift. Competitive Wage!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services on our fleet of trucks and equipment. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1+ years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus !
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)