Dean, Faculty of Health - Competition Number 20-88
As Canada’s only polytechnic university, we offer you the opportunity to make a positive impact on your community through a meaningful career working in a collaborative and inclusive culture. Join us and put your thoughts into action.
About Kwantlen Polytechnic University
At Kwantlen Polytechnic University we combine academic excellence with practical, hands-on and experiential learning opportunities that prepare our graduates for successful and rewarding careers, while also providing them with the critical understanding necessary for good citizenship.
We ensure that our graduates are prepared for a lifetime of learning and re-learning so they can adapt to the fast pace of change in the workplace and in society at large.
Located in the Lower Mainland region of British Columbia, KPU offers a diverse range of credentials – including certificates, citations, diplomas and bachelor’s degrees – designed to successfully meet the evolving needs of regional and global employment markets. We offer work-integrated and service learning, connections to business and industry, and a supportive learning environment. KPU has five campuses: three in Surrey, and one each in Richmond and Langley, with nearly 1,500 employees and over 20,000 students.
Our post-baccalaureate and graduate diplomas further enhance opportunities for working professionals to augment their knowledge and skills. With programs in Arts, Business, Science and Horticulture, Health, Design, Trades and Technology, and Acaemic and Career Preparation. KPU has proudly served the South Fraser Region of the Lower Mainland since 1981.
KPU is seeking a Dean, Faculty of Health. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President Academic, the Dean is responsible for the strategic leadership and ongoing operation of the Faculty of Health at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. This includes long-term strategic planning, academic development, and the collaborative management of the Faculty’s financial, administrative, and human resources. The Dean plays a major role in encouraging relationships between Kwantlen and the external community. The Dean also has a commitment to academic excellence, and to advance new programming opportunities, the quality and content of programs, courses, initiatives, and the student learning experience. The Dean, Faculty of Health ensures that a culture exists within the administration and the faculty to provide students with a high-quality education and high quality services so that the student experience at Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a positive one.
Reporting directly to this position are the Associate Dean, Divisional Business Manager and faculty members.
Want to know more?
Please see job description located on our website for further information for the role of Dean, Faculty of Health.
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated ability to provide transparent leadership and to support change management, analyze situations, and develop informed and effective solutions;
- A record of academic achievement appropriate for a senior faculty appointment in one of the disciplines represented by the Faculty;
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in health, health education, and health related research;
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the post-secondary organizational and policy environment and relevant experience in academic administration and academic labor relations;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, program planning, project management, budget development and oversight as well as academic organization and administration;
- Ability to advance the quality and content of programs, courses, initiatives, and the student learning experience;
- Successful track record in working with others, both individually and in a team setting to identify issues and develop consensus to achieve goals, and objectives, through teamwork and participatory decision making;
- Demonstrated ability to build leadership capacity in the Faculty of Health by hiring, mentoring, and supporting others;
- Energetic leader that is value driven, demonstrates integrity, credibility, sound judgment, inclusivity, and fosters a trusting, supportive environment;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills applicable to operational and logistical tasks.
What education & experience should you have?
- A Ph.D. in a related discipline is preferred or an earned doctoral or terminal degree in a related field.
- Master’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline required.
- Five or more years of relevant leadership experience accompanied by a minimum of 5-7 years of faculty experience preferably within a university environment.
- Experience working in a unionized academic environment.
- A broad understanding of higher education issues within post-secondary education.
We’re proud to boast about the benefits that we can offer you. KPU offers four weeks of vacation entitlement as well as a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, extended health benefits, an annual health care spending account, life insurance, AD&D, and a defined benefit pension plan. The incumbent will also be eligible for professional development opportunities as well.
Ready to Apply?
To indicate your interest in available positions, please click the following email link which will pre-fill information necessary to process your application: email@example.com
Please include a current resume or CV as well as photocopies of post-secondary transcripts.
This position will remain open until filled.