The Property Manager is entirely accountable for all day-to-day property management operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of all properties at Kekinow Native Housing Society. The Property Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer on all aspects of property management of the complexes including management of staff, assets management and capital planning, contractors, annual maintenance budget, budget preparation for preventative and corrective maintenance as well as replacement reserve, modernization, and improvements, and oversee tenant-related duties.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Licensed in Property Management or related field
2. Diploma related to the area of the building maintenance/facilities and construction
3. Five years’ experience in a property management environment with a thorough understanding of the principles and practices of residential property management services relating to affordable housing delivery
4. Hands on proven experience with BC housing rent calculation and maintenance guidelines
5. Direct experience working in and with construction trades/maintenance and in conducting building project inspections with practical knowledge of building system and related statutory safety regulation/laws and acts.
6. Extensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, and policies and procedures related to social housing management
7. Familiarity and a good understanding of federal and provincial social housing programs
8. Strong work ethic and good organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workloads while ensuring continued workflow in the department
9. Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action
10. Ability to train & supervise employees and participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws
11. Excellent interpersonal, and communicational skills (verbal and written)
12. Proven experience of working with MS Word, Excel and property management software (Yardi )
13. Knowledge of support services and agencies in the Surrey and Fraser Valley Area
14. Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced work environment with a willingness to work flexible hours. (This is a managerial position; therefore, overtime is ineligible)
15. Maintain a professional, yet compassionate and sensitive disposition
16. Must be a team person who thrives in an interactive team environment
17. Knowledge of Indigenous culture, agencies, and resources
18. Bondable & successfully pass a police record check and vulnerability record check
19. Valid BC Driver’s License, clean driving record, and reliable vehicle and a valid first aid certificate
20. Ability and willingness to perform any other related duties requested by the CEO
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity.
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code (self-identify).
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF REQUIREMENTS ARE MET
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off