- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, environment, energy and resources, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We have a current need for a Senior Project Manager - Design-Build for our western Canadian operations to be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
GHD is looking for an experienced professional with experience in leading projects through alternative delivery models (i.e. design-build, Public-Private-Partnership (P3), Integrated Project Delivery, construction management). We are delivering and pursuing alternative delivery projects in waste management, transportation and water markets.
You should have strong experience in and ability to manage design build contracts from RFQ, RFP, detail design, construction, commissioning and operations. Excellent a track record of working with contractors to win and deliver design-build proposals and deliver during the detailed design and construction phase
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as primary contact between the Design Build contractor and the project team, including subcontractors and serves as a conduit for communications between the contractor and the project team
- Work in conjunction with the Design Manager and project discipline leads on the design tasks.
- Manage permitting, approvals, and subject matter experts in the delivery and execution of the project.
- The principal contact between the Design Build lead, or Project Company PM and has experience with steering committees
- Plan, budget and control all project efforts and be wholly responsible for overall project quality and financial performance of the project
- Work cooperatively with Partners or Contractors and our Pursuit team to provide contractors with content for Design Build expressions of interest, requests for qualifications (RFQ) and request for proposals (RFP)
- Lead development of the project to provide our Design Build clients with support in responding to EOI, RFQ and RFPs
- Lead the construction administration and quality control of the project during construction delivery, commissioning and operational support if required
Skills, Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Professional Engineer eligible for registration in Alberta and British Columbia
- 15+ years of experience in the project management of design projects for municipal infrastructure type projects
- 10+ years of extensive experience leading the design delivery for larger, multi-discipline projects specifically for industrial/process plants, facilities, or buildings
- Strong project management skills & experience in Western Canada
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization in a collaborative fashion
- Proven experience collaborating with contractors and supervising project teams
- Existing relationships within the waste management (and/or Water and Transportation) industry
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.