- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Experienced **Front End Garbage Truck Driver** - ($32.62 per hour)
Please apply with your resume and abstract
- Salary - $32.62 per hour (80% for 3 months)
- Benefits: Full Benefit package after 3 months of service
- Annual boot and clothing allowance
Waste Connections of Canadais looking for drivers to help shape our organization into one of the premier waste companies in North America.
The Driver ensures safe operation of a truck, while driving, loading/unloading. The driver drives to customer location for pick up, and hoists bin onto truck to empty contents using a hydraulic lift. The driver proceeds to subsequent customers until the truck has a full load, and then dumps the load at a transfer station before continuing customer pickups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure safe operation of a truck, while driving and loading.
- Drive to customer location for pickup, and position truck safely to ensure an easy lift.
- Hoist bin onto truck and empty contents using hydraulic lift. (Note: for side load, roll bins and hook on side of truck to lift)
- Ensure customer satisfaction through reliable service.
- Complete special pickups, as requested by Dispatcher.
- Dump contents at designated transfer station or landfill.
- Drive to transfer station to weigh vehicle.
- Provide run sheet to Dispatch to sequence run in TRUX.
- Pre and Post trip inspections.
- Document any concerns to be checked by mechanic and complete VCR.
- Must have a valid Class 3 or 1 BC Driver's license
- Must be able to supply steel toe boots.
- Capable of problem solving, critical thinking, job task planning, map/address reading, organizing and significant use of memory.
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal record check and drug test.
- Must be able to supply a clean, commercial driver abstract.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast paced environment.
- Able to perform physical labor including pushing, pulling, reaching above and below shoulder, standing, stooping, crouching, bending and carrying over 50 lbs.
- Work performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- This is not a "just driving" job. This position contains approximately 80% driving & 20% labor.
Come join a great group of drivers who work together to ensure the job gets done every day while maintaining a focus on safety, integrity and customer service.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please note - only successful candidates will be contacted