- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The highly preferred location for this position is Billerica, MA. Arlington, VA is an alternate location that may be considered.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of US Government and international proposals and contracts within FLIR’s Defense Technologies segment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides domain expertise in full-cycle contract management regardless of contract type (Cost Plus, FFP, etc.).
- Acts as focal point for contractual communications and commitments for assigned Contracts.
- Works as a partner with Program Management, Engineering, Finance, and other disciplines to mitigate performance risk for both Requests for Proposals and assigned Contracts.
- Assures compliance with applicable federal regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Reviews Requests for Proposals and participates in preparing compliant proposal responses.
- Negotiates proposals within business goals and documents substance of discussions, agreements and results.
- Reviews and administers contractual documents for accuracy, performance risk, and conformance with contract terms, conditions, and other provisions including applicable federal regulations and business team objectives prior to signature / acceptance.
- Works as a key member of program team(s) to ensure contract requirements are fully understood and executed. Provides leadership, subject matter expertise and innovative recommendations for proposal, contracting or programmatic issues.
- Monitors program performance for scope changes and takes appropriate action. Manages, advises, and supports business team on issues / developments relative to assigned Contracts.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries regarding contract issues, audits, and compliance requirements.
- Regularly communicates and documents status/progress of pending items.
- Generates supporting documents and materials, including Reps and Certs, NDAs, and Loan Agreements and coordinates with Legal as required.
- Must be a US citizen and hold a Secret Clearance or be able to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
- BA/BS Degree with minimum of 5 years US Government contracting experience.
- Working knowledge of the FAR, DFARS and other supplements.
- Working experience with OTAs, DoD, DHS, R&D efforts, FMS/FMF, and/or International efforts.
- Able to think critically, assess risks and options, and drive consistency and risk mitigation through the lifecycle of a contract.
- Must possess combination of strategic and tactical execution skillsets.
- A self-starter, capable of working well independently and remain self-motivated.
- Need to clearly and succinctly be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to express ideas freely and confidently in group settings and all levels.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers on significant matters often requiring the coordination and collaboration of activities across organizational lines.
- Demonstrates exemplary attention to detail and research skills.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and goals.
- Demonstrates proven ability to initiate and successfully implement organizational efficiencies that support business objectives.
- Familiar with ERP systems.
- Once travel restrictions are lifted, some travel may be required to support customer meetings on assigned contracts.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.