- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections of Tennessee, Inc. is currently hiring for a Special Waste Sales Representative. This position is a high volume B2B selling, customer maintenance, and customer retention opportunity. It requires balancing current customer needs and retention, along with gaining new customer through active prospecting and networking. This is not a telemarketing position and we do not believe that solutions are a "one size fits all". Business and relationships are built by face-to-face contact. There are daily requirements for prospecting, customer follow-up, reporting and interacting with operations and customer service team.
- Selling waste removal and disposal services in and around the Knoxville and Chattanooga area.
- Preparing bids, weekly call reports, and cold calling new and existing customers.
- Being the main point of contact for a current book of business of commercial accounts.
- Interacting with customers, and government agencies to secure special waste approvals.
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns, and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service.
- 70% of your time will be spent in your designated territory, prospecting, building relationships and exploring market opportunities.
- 30% of this position will be spent in the office doing team building, strategic planning, and account management.
- Science, biology, or chemistry not required but strongly preferred.
- 2+ years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Personal vehicle and license to cover territory.
The Position Provides:
- A competitive base salary plus commission.
- Guaranteed commission for the 1st three months.
- Company paid cell phone and Surface Pro
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Annual Chairman's Club recognition for top national performers.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Other peripheral benefits include a strong presence in our local communities, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)