- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position: Pathologist Assistant
Department: Laboratory - Histology
Hours: Monday to Friday - 7.5 hour days (Hours subject to change based on operational requirements)
Site: All sites (primarily Oakville)
This is what you'll be doing:
- Grossing of all surgical specimens (simple and complex) independently or under the supervision of the Pathologist
- Assist the Pathologist with other routine activities
- Perform other related duties necessary for the proper functioning of the histology laboratory
- Telephone consultation during laboratory off hours (evenings and weekends)
- Perform daily maintenance on laboratory equipment
- Establish, apply and enforce policies and procedures in accordance with all institutional and laboratory regulatory agencies
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- BSc (Honours) with certification from a recognized Pathologist Assistant training program
and/or CMLTO certification for MLT (with training in Pathologist Assistantship)
or Training in Pathology or Pathologist Assistantship or equivalent (e.g. MLA, degree in life sciences with pathology, autopsy exposure, M.D., etc)
- Will consider New Graduates
- 3 to 5 years experience working in a histology laboratory
- 3 to 5 years grossing experience
- Working knowledge of Cancer Care Ontario guidelines and synoptic reports
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills required
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written) skills, including by telephone.
- Prior supervisory experience would be considered an asset
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: September 3, 2020
Internal application deadline: September 10, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.