TPT Patient Registration Clerk OR/APU, Ambulatory
- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position : Patient Registration Clerk
Department : OR/APU and Ambulatory Clinics
Status : Temporary Part-time for approx. 12-18 months (must provide availability of up to a 0.5 FTE)
Hours :Monday - Friday, 8 hour shifts (Days)
Site : Milton
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing :
- Register patients using Meditech software
- Validate health care coverage
- Obtain required information and payment method for uninsured patients
- Accurately enter all required data
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner
- Receive inquiries from the public, families and hospital staff
- Complete various clerical tasks/audits as required
- Admit patients following established protocols and collaborate with nursing staff regarding bed allocation
- Work with accommodation staff to reassign beds as needed through preferred accommodations
- Obtain appropriate insurance information and required signatures from patient and family members
- Manage bill payment and receipts for patients
- Other related duties as required
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recent Medical Office Administration Diploma or recentadmin experience working in a similar capacity in a health care setting required
- Advanced keyboarding and extremely accurate data entry skills required
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Word
- Successful completion of medical terminology course required
- Accurate spelling is required
- Able to work with minimal supervision and to prioritize work
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonaland organizational skills
- Demonstrated customer service skillsand the ability to diplomatically respond to physicians, staff and family inquiries in a demanding work environment
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position which involves frequent sitting, standing and reaching
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted : September 3, 2020
Internal applications due by : September 10, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
The ideal candidate is strong in attention to detail in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require an individual who is a strong communicator, interacts with co-workers and clients with care and respect and has the ability to foster a work environment that focuses on teamwork.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented product. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.