- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Coastal Engineer to join our Environmental Remediation & Water team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver. As a Senior Coastal Engineer you will be tasked with solving engineering and coastal zone, port, and marine terminal development problems for projects in BC, across Canada, and internationally. You will join a growing Water Resources & Coastal Engineering Team based in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, and Mississauga that services projects in Oil & Gas, Mining, Transportation, Power, and Government sectors.
An overview of your role will include:
- Preparing proposals, managing project budgets and scopes of work, schedules, and communications for both large and small multi-disciplinary projects
- Conducting studies and analysis related to the engineering, planning, design, and development for new and existing ports and marine terminals for both large and small projects including layout and wave sheltering considerations, vessel access and egress, characterization of environmental conditions, project tendering, construction, and operations
- Application of state-of-the-art coastal engineering design techniques and development of sustainable strategies to address problems related to natural coastal hazards (e.g. flooding, erosion, sedimentation) and human interactions (e.g. spills, coastal structures, dredging and beneficial use, materials management) in the context of climate change and variability
- Leading and participating in multi-disciplinary teams to complete environmental impact assessments and implement coastal engineering solutions for large projects
- Assisting with business development
You will have a background in:
- University degree (preferably Master's or Ph.D. in coastal or port engineering)
- 15 years of work experience in the field of coastal or port engineering, experience in Environmental Assessments, harbour design, and port planning
- Demonstrated track record of successful project delivery
- Strong client focus and a well-developed industry network
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated technical skills in hydraulic analysis including familiarity and experience using coastal engineering modelling software
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.