The Digital Marketing Specialist works with the marketing team to support The Sweet Potato’s strategic initiatives, online growth, and day-to-day marketing plan. The successful candidate will help develop and execute marketing campaigns, organize virtual events, update the company websites and social media, and create content that will attract, engage and delight a growing online audience.
You’ll work with the marketing team to build a dynamic online presence, and grow e-commerce sales. You’ll help build an engaging digital media presence that enhances in-store and online campaigns, echoes the store’s superior customer service by turning customers into brand ambassadors, and expands our reach to new customers. You’ll do this by leading:
Inbound Digital Marketing
- Creating fun, informative content including blogs and vlogs.
- Stay on top of trends in social media, food, and culture to develop content that will resonate with The Sweet Potato’s audience.
- Engaging leads through email marketing, including the dissemination of our weekly flyer, and creating autoresponders for a variety of audiences.
- Virtual event planning, moving some of our famous community events online, like Pumpkin Fest, and creating new reasons to gather virtually.
- Set growth and engagement goals for our digital audience.
Outbound Digital Marketing
- Planning, monitoring, and optimizing, SEM and PPC campaigns to attract new customers to the ecommerce site.
- Measure success and ROI of these advertising campaigns.
- Maintaining the ecommerce website, including updating the site with campaign specific CTAs, sales, and customized coupons.
- Reporting on coupon campaigns to the marketing and ecommerce managers
- Updating The Sweet Potato WordPress site with recipes, blogs and vlogs, and campaign landing pages.
Social Media Planning and Management
- Pitch ideas to strategically integrate social media campaigns in a meaningful way to support marketing initiatives including boosting store campaigns, product marketing, and turning digital fans into happy customers.
- Write in a variety of voices across platforms to create captivating, punny and just plain great content.
- Work with brands to run fun contests and giveaways.
- Maintain a monthly and annual content calendar that aligns with TSP’s values and marketing campaigns.
- Report on what’s going on with our Social Media channels, by creating monthly performance reports focused on how to optimize towards objectives.
- Create a network of social media micro-influencers and brand ambassadors
- Our community always talks, so at times we may need you to be on at off-hours, for instance, to manage our reputation or deescalate viral news.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the Marketing Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communications skills. You love telling stories through words, and visually. You understand different audiences and delight in creating accessible media everyone can enjoy.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You’re into delivering a great customer experience online. You’re a good listener, you work well collaboratively, and you enjoy sharing and building on ideas.
- Detail-oriented with strong initiative and follow-through. You don’t lose sight of the big picture and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and use solid judgment.
- Brings an ARAO lens to your work.
- Proficient with CMS for ecommerce sites and the WordPress platform.
- Loves social media and knows how to build relationships online.
- Keen eye for good design.
- Minimum 3 years coordinating professional social media and inbound marketing strategies
- Demonstrated experience with SEM, including KW research
- Strong computer skills: Well-versed with G Suite; experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Great photographer for social media
- Knowledge of natural food sector a plus
- Indoor office environment, lifting up to 15 lbs *
- Desk-based tasks 85%, other tasks: 15%
- Ability to travel when required (minimal)
* Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic this is currently an offsite work-from-home position.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.