- Job Category
- Job Type
Civil & Municipal Engineer
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD's Water Group has staff located across North America including staff in Atlantic Canada that focus on linear water projects, water and wastewater treatment, site development and water resources.
We are looking for a well-rounded, enthusiastic, and well-organized individual with a minimum of 8 years of experience with the management and execution of the site civil and municipal projects.
The successful incumbent’s primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the growth and management of the Water Business Line across the region
- Support strategic growth initiatives and client development
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Provide QA/QC for civil related designs and reports
- Prepare engineering designs and specifications
- Coordinate staff workload and utilization
- Mentor staff across region
- Prepare client development materials and proposals
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- 8+ years project experience with a specific focus on civil infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people (staff and clients)
- Experience using design software such as PCSWMM, Bentley Products, etc.
- Fluency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project Powerpoint)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel throughout Atlantic Canada
- Proficiency in French and English considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.