- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Explore and leverage your career with one of the world's foremost leaders in defense and security robotics. We are constantly creating robotic products that improve, impact, and change lives. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry.
As a Linux Software Engineer , you will be developing mobile and robotic platforms that control FLIR’s Robotics' Defense & Security Products. In this role, you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and business managers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of the product development lifecycle. The ideal candidate must be able to pick up new technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will also have experience administering and developing on Linux systems, including experience building the kernel and kernel modules, package management, etc.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Configure Linux systems and services.
- Configure the Linux kernel and manage embedded Linux build frameworks.
- Build packages from source (autoconf/automake, CMake, etc.).
- Set up and maintain local package repository mirrors.
- Set up and maintain cross-compiling build environments and automated build servers.
- Set up and maintain automated regression test environments.
- Create and maintain development environments in VMs and/or docker.
- Manage Linux security.
- US Citizenship.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent degree/experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Linux/Unix programming.
- Strong familiarity with Linux security principles.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel operations.
- Experience with shell scripting (Bash, Python, Perl, Expect, etc.).
- Experience with Debian.
- Track record of performing at a high level, delivering robust solutions on schedule.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain and defend own work.
- Experience with C++ preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment preferred.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.