- Activision Publishing Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Requisition ID: R003098
Activision Central Tools provides software tools and build infrastructure technologies fora number of Activision studios, likeSledgehammer Games,Treyarch, and Infinity Wardfor hit AAA franchises likeCall of Duty.
The Vancouver studio is part of a global team headed up from Los Angeles and is housed withDemonwarewhich is awholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. We also like to have fun while we're working hard. We wear what we want to work, we have flexiblehours, and we have kickass coffee.
Hereare just a few of the perks of working at Activision Vancouver:
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
- Vacation allowance
- Competitive pay
- Free games
The internship position with the tools team is in support of build tools shared across studios.
- Position Type: Regular Co-op, Full Time hours, 8 Months preferred
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours per week: 35
- Location: Vancouver (one train stop from downtown)
- Start Date: May 2020
- Relocation assistance: we aid students relocating to Vancouver in the form of return flights and 2-weeks of accommodation.
- Working knowledge of Modern C++ and Python.
- Be familiar with source control (Perforce preferred)
- Have experience developing REST web services.
- Familiarity with UI frameworks such asQtor .NET is a plus
- Practical facility in languages such as C#.
Successful candidates will demonstrate thorough understanding of computer architecture, data structures & algorithms, as well as problem-solving skills along with excellent debugging and analytical skills.
The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated and reliable. They should be able toclearly communicate technical concepts in plain English and have no hindrance to travel to the USA.Theymust also be enrolled in a 4-year college/university program.
The Application Process:
You can apply through your school Coop Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org by submitting:
- Cover letter (make it clear you are applying to Activision Central Tools)
- Transcripts of grades from your University
As part of the application process, you will need to complete a Coding Challenge.
Once you have completed the test, your results will be reviewed by our hiring managers along with your resume/cover Letter/transcripts.Below you will find a link to theCodilitysite where the challenge is hosted. You will need a full 135minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the challenge. We recommend that you try the demo on thesite before attempting the official test.Once you click on the actual test link below you will see welcome screen which contains an option to"Try demo" button.
You will need to complete the actual test in order for us to review your application.
The interview will be 1 hour, either in person (ideally) or via phone or Skype/Google Hangouts for out of town applicants. The team will be interested in learning about recent projects you have been involved in, home technical hobbies, as well as yourtechnical skills.