- XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Manager, Last Mile Operations, you'll have the opportunity to connect with customers and assist with route planning and monitoring. You'll play a key role in providing daily business solutions for our customers. If you're excited about the challenge of working for a dynamic global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide support for our Last Mile home delivery services for a designated region
- Oversee the operations of contracted drivers operating 7 days per week in multiple locations
- Manage hourly personnel, including tasks such as interviewing and hiring new individuals, training and developing team members, directing work and conducting performance reviews
- Oversee route planning and monitoring
- Recruit and source contract carriers and validate contract eligibility
- Manage expense accurately and meet P&L budget goals
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of logistics management and supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Project)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources appropriately
- Familiarity with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking