- Halton Healthcare
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
First consideration will be given to members of the bargaining unit in accordance with the collective agreement.
Position: Ward Aide
Department: Surgical Program - GI Suite
Status: Part-Time (must provide availability up to 0.2 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Friday; Days; 0730 to 1530; 8 hour shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
Will worksupporting activity in the recovery area and the turnover of the procedure rooms. General tidying of the departments. Monitoring supply levels and ordering and stocking supplies as necessary. Assisting nurses with patient care. Equipment retrieval from throughout the hospital. Other duties as required.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Minimum grade 12 education required
- Must have previous ward aide or related health care experience
- Experience with medical supplies (cleaning/stocking) required
- Must be able to diplomatically respond to customer requests in a demanding work environment
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and organize and prioritize work
- Flexibility and the ability to work quickly in a busy environment
- Must be able to respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Must meet the physical demands of the position -repetitive standing & walking, frequently pushing patients on stretchers, lifting boxes of IV solutions weighing approximately 30 lbs., bending to clean stretchers
- Satisfactory employment record and good attendance record.
Salary: $17.93 - $22.42 per hour
Date Posted : September 10, 2020
Application Deadline for Employees: September 17 , 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.