- Waste Connections, Inc.
- St. Petersburg,FL
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Waste Connections is looking for individuals who have a passion for operating equipment, career growth and share our #1 Value: Safety! We are looking for Heavy Equipment Operator to join the team at our Recycling Facility in St Petersburg, FL. In this position you will be operating our Dozers, Excavators, Compactor, along with trucks and smaller equipment at our solid waste landfill.
Typical schedule is Monday-Friday working 10 hour days with a 7:30 am start time.
- Spreading and compacting trash using a compactor
- Spreading daily cover using a Dozer
- Excavating soil using a excavator
- Hauling soil
- Operate several pieces of heavy equipment thru out the work day
- Work in a fast paced, team environment
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Follow safe operating practices
- Learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments
- Candidates that meet our minimum job requirements must:
- Posses a satisfactory driving record
- Have2 years of previous experience operating heavy equipment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay!!
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
If you have any questions or need help with your application feel free to call the Recruiter, Pete Carreon at 832-510-5681.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).