- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Sanipac, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscious Yard Laborer in Eugene, OR!
The schedule will be Monday-Friday 6:30 am to 3 pm.The pay starts at $15.54/hour. This position will transition into a Garbage Truck Driver position through on the job training.
This is a union position and offers union benefits and union pension plan.This position requires having a clean driving record and we will help you to obtain your Commercial Drivers License if you do not have one already.
General Summary: Responsible for washing and moving trucks, carts, containers and bins in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Performs daily inspections of pressure washer and related equipment
- Walk around visual inspection to check for water, oil, and fuel leaks. Inspects safety equipment, gauges, fluid levels and checks to ensure that all equipment and systems are operational. After startup, checks gauges and controls
- Uses pressure washer to clean and sanitize plastic and metal containers for reuse
- Manipulates pressure washer wand, and occasionally a brush, to clean debris and stains from previously used containers to make them fit to deliver to new customers.
- Gathers the necessary sizes and styles of containers to wash for the day to insure ensure efficient operation of other departments
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the pressure washer and its components and the basic maintenance requirements for safe operation.
- Ability to read and write well enough to complete basic reports.
- Clean driving record and ability to obtain a Class B CDL if you don't have one already.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)