- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
We are looking for a lead line cook who has some experience working in Catering or Hotels and is looking for an adventure this winter!
Working with a supportive team, in a busy and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate is comfortable giving directions and working in a fast-paced environment.
The lead line cook will be responsible for leading a small team in order to prep, cook, and serve staff meals twice daily.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and cook menu items by following instructions and adhering to standardized recipes and specifications
- Ensure that the food preparation, quality and presentation meet organizational standards
- Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties as required
- Report any concerns, incidents, losses or damages to Sous Chef and Supervisor
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, oven.
- Read food order slips and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Other related duties as required
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work.
- Staff accommodations
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- Opportunity to Travel across America and experience different positions in a number of different locations.
- Six-month placements available for our annual summer and winter sessions.
- Once your time has been completed, you'll walk away with new job references, new friends and memories to last a lifetime. If you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
Housing is covered!
- We arrange housing for the duration of your time with us!
- The program works in groups so if you have friends you would like to live with, make sure you apply together!
- At least 2 years Kitchen Line Experience
- Catering and cafeteria experience is an asset
- Must be over 21 and be legally able to work in the United States
- Provide a clear police record.
- A sense of adventure!