Job ID: 3563
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Procurement Specialist uses public procurement guidelines and BC Housing policies, process and templates to conduct procurements, assist in managing suppliers and provide recommendations to internal clients (the "client") engaged in supply chain activities. The Procurement Specialist works independently and proactively to support their clients’ procurements and resulting supply contracts which may include but are not limited to: managing solicitations, working collaboratively with the client on solicitations, providing oversight and guidance to the procurement process, vendor management, and providing recommendations for procurements and vendor management. The position’s main areas of responsibility are: conducting and/or supporting public and selective competitive bids, developing and implementing strategic procurement strategies for construction/renovations/equipment/services, providing and/or supporting vendor management and developing strong relationships with suppliers and key agencies.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma in operations management, logistics, or other relevant discipline.
- Supply chain management education from a recognized institution such as: Purchasing Management Association of Canada - Certified Professional Purchaser Program, Institute of Supply Management - Certified Professional in Supply Management - or courses in the Public Sector Procurement Program (PSPP) or Strategic Supply Chain Management Program.
- Minimum of four years progressive related experience in purchasing and/or contract management. Experience in public sector procurement and tendering is an asset.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of procurement and purchasing practices for a variety of supplies and services.
- Sound knowledge of construction purchasing and their contracts.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian construction, tendering and contract law(s) and practices.
- Sound knowledge of Public Procurement requirements and legislation.
- Sound knowledge of construction, building maintenance and repair, including parts and supplies.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate prices, terms and conditions of contracts.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and organize purchasing activities.
- Ability to write, review and/or edit technical reports, specification terms, Bid Calls, Request for Proposals, etc.
- Ability to work and foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze, mitigate, and resolve contractual and supplier performance problems.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures while managing multiple projects.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers